The building at Dorotheergasse 11, where the Jewish Museum Vienna has been housed since 1993, has had a checkered history. The Dorotheerstift was established there in 1414 by the Augustinian Canons. In 1782 it was rented to a pawn office. In 1804 it came into the possession of August von Holzmeister and a year later of Anna Maria von Dietrichstein. Among the tenants at this time was Mozart’s widow Constanze. In 1812 the building belonged to Prince Paul Antal Esterházy de Galántha, who sold it in 1813 to Prince Alois von Kaunitz-Rietberg. In 1823 he was obliged to surrender it to his creditor, the bankinghouse Arnstein und Eskeles. Count Alexander Náko de Szent Miklos lived there as the new owner from 1827 for almost seventy years before selling it to the builders Ignaz Fleischer and Salomon Stein. In 1895 Hugo Hermann Werner Ottomar Miethke established the Galerie Miethke, an important gallery for early Austrian Modernist art. In 1936 it came into the possession of the Dorotheum. Since 1993 it has housed the Jewish Museum Vienna, which has had a second site at Judenplatz since the year 2000.
Jewish Museum Vienna
Sunday to Friday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Closed on Saturdays
The Jewish Museum Vienna will be closed for the Jewish holidays Rosh Haschana September, 5.-6. 2013.
Ticket allows entry to both museums within two days after the date of issue.
Regular admission € 10,-
Reduced admission € 8,-
Students € 5,-
Children (14 and under) FREE
Group rate € 7,-
Guided tours € 40,- per group and hour
School classes Admissions free of charge, guided tour € 20,-
Vienna Museum Melange
The four Wien Holding museums (the Jewish Museum Vienna, the Mozarthaus Vienna, the Haus der Musik and the KunstHausWien) are offering a special combined ticket “Wiener Museumsmelange” with reduced admission to two museums of choice.
Ticket “Wiener Museumsmelange”: € 18,-
Tickets Cooperation Freud Museum
The admission ticket to the Jewish Museum Vienna gives admission at reduced price to the Sigmund Freud Museum.