§ 1 Name and registered office of the Association
§ 2 Object of the Association
The Association shall pursue exclusively the charitable non-profit aim of promoting public knowledge of Jewish history and culture, encouraging as many people as possible to visit the Jewish Museum and supporting and promoting the work of the Museum. The support and promotion of the work of the Jewish Museum Vienna shall be aimed in particular at:
1. acquisition of exhibits
2. organisation or promotion of exhibitions
4. furnishing or design of the Museum premises
The object of the Association shall also be achieved by:
1. guided tours, talks and cultural events
2. public advertising and organisation of collections for the Jewish Museum Vienna.
§ 3 Funds for achieving the object of the Association
The funds shall be raised from:
1. donations by members
2. voluntary donations from elsewhere
§ 4 Members of the Association
(1) The Association shall consist of ordinary members and honorary members.
(2) Ordinary members may be any individual or legal entity actively contributing to the achievement of the object of the Association, amongst other things through donations to the Museum.
(3) Honorary members may be designated by the General Meeting for particular services to the Association.
§ 5 Admission of members
(1) Before the constitution of the Association and until the first General Meeting, members shall be admitted provisionally by the proponents.
(2) After constitution, the Board shall decide on the admission of members. Admission may be refused without reason.
§ 6 Rights and obligations of members
(1) All members shall be entitled to take part in events by the Association, to use the Association’s facilities and to attend the General Meeting. Ordinary members shall be entitled to submit motions and to exercise their active or passive election and voting right or, in the case of legal entities, to have these rights exercised by their delegated representatives.
(2) All members shall observe the provisions of the Statutes. They are also expected to promote the object of the Association; in particular, members must make a donation to the Jewish Museum as specified by the Board.
§ 7 Termination of membership
(1) Membership shall be terminated by:
B) death or loss of legal personality
(2) Members may resign at any time by submitting written notification to the Board. The Board may decide to exclude a member if it infringes its obligations to the Association.
§ 8 Bodies of the Association
The business of the Association shall be managed by:
D) General Meeting
§ 9 General Meeting
(1) The Ordinary General Meeting of all members of the Association shall take place once a year. It is to be convened by the Chairman of the Board at least two weeks before it is due to take place.
(2) The General Meeting shall perform the following tasks:
A) election of the Board and auditor
B) designation of honorary members
C) approval of the annual report by the Board
D) approval of the report by the treasurer and auditor and discharge of the Board
E) adoption of decisions on amendments to the Statutes
F) adoption of a decision to dissolve the Association
(3) The General Meeting shall be chaired by the Chairman of the Board or his/her deputy.
(4) The General Meeting shall be quorate if at least half of the members eligible to vote are present or represented. If this is not the case, a General Meeting may take place and be entitled to adopt decisions after an interval of 15 minutes regardless of the number of members present.
(5) Decisions shall be adopted by simple majority of the votes cast. Decisions regarding amendments to the Statutes shall require a two-thirds majority.
(6) Minutes are to be kept of every General Meeting by the Clerk and shall be signed by the Chairman of the Board or his/her deputy.
(7) An extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened four weeks in advance by the Chairman of the Board (deputy) if requested by more than one third of the members.
§ 10 Board
(1) The Board shall consist of a maximum of 18 members (including Chairman, Clerk, Treasurer and their deputies and a Secretary) and shall be elected by the General Meeting for one year. Only ordinary members of the Association or representatives of legal entities that are ordinary members may be elected to the Board.
(2) The Chairman shall convene and chair meetings of the Board. In the event of incapacity, he/she shall be represented by his/her deputy.
(3) The Board shall endeavour to promote the object of the Association and shall support the Secretary in his/her work with account taken of the Statutes and the decisions adopted by the General Meeting. In particular, the Board shall decide on the admission and exclusion of members and on all matters that are not the responsibility of the General Meeting.
(4) The Board shall be quorate if at least half of the eligible members are present. If this is not the case, a meeting of the Board may take place and adopt resolutions after 15 minutes have elapsed, regardless of the number of members present. Decisions of the Board shall be adopted by simple majority. In the event of a tie, the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
(5) Board meetings shall take place at least twice a year.
(6) The Board shall be entitled to invite experts to its meetings for the purpose of consultation.
(7) A record of the decisions adopted at the meeting shall be kept and signed by the Clerk and Chairman or their deputies.
(8) The business of the Association shall be managed between Board meetings by the Secretary in agreement with the Chairman of the Board and his/her deputies.
§ 11 Auditor
At least one auditor shall be nominated by the General Meeting for a period of two years. He shall ensure that the Association’s assets are used properly in accordance with the Statutes and decisions. He shall regular verify all documents referring to the Association’s business and report on them to the General Meeting.
§ 12 Representation of the Association
(1) The Chairman of the Board, or his/her deputies in the event of incapacity, shall represent the Association.
(2) The Association’s documents must be signed by the Chairman of the Board and one of his/her deputies and by the Secretary. Notifications of a financial nature and the assumption of financial responsibilities must be signed by the Chairman of the Board or one of his/her deputies and by the Treasurer (deputy).
§ 13 City of Vienna supervisory authority
Regardless of the Association’s own control of its business by the auditors, the city of Vienna supervisory authority (Kontrollamt der Stadt Wien) may inspect the Association’s records in the event of the granting of a subsidy by the city of Vienna.
§ 14 Dissolution of the Association
The voluntary dissolution of the Association may be decided only by a two-thirds majority of a General Meeting at which at least one third of all members are present. In the event of dissolution, the Association’s assets shall pass to the City of Vienna, which shall use them for charitable purposes (gemeinnützig) in the meaning of the Federal Tax Code (BAO) for the objects of the Jewish Museum Vienna.
Verein der Freunde
Jüdisches Museum Wien
Tel: +43 (1) 535 0431-120
Fax: +43 (1) 535 0424
Bank details at BA-CA
Account no. 51430012201
Sort code (BLZ): 12000